Effective as of 3 January 2017
Sephora Digital SEA Pte Ltd BRN 201111155N
Sephora Australia Pty Ltd ABN 3716903073
If you have any questions relating to this policy please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Collection of Personal Information
1.2 We collect Personal Information from you through various means, including when you:
● register your Personal Information for the purpose of creating an account in our Site or requesting our direct marketing materials ("Newsletters");
● participate in a promotion or other website feature;
● request a catalog;
● request to receive any marketing, promotional or other types of communications;
● purchase through our store or site;
● make enquiries or comments through our Customer Department through email@example.com ("Customer Department”);
● interact with our sales staff, including in store via sign-up pads, or as otherwise notified from time to time, including through any collection statement.
1.3 You have no obligation to provide any information requested by us. However, if you do not provide requested information, we may not be able to provide you with any goods and services that depend on the collection of the information.
1.4 Where practicable, we will collect Personal Information directly from you. If we receive information about you from someone else, we will take reasonable steps to ensure you are aware that we have collected Personal Information about you and the circumstances of the collection.
2. Children Privacy
2.1 We do not sell or ship any items ordered through the Site directly to anyone we know to be under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you should use the Site only with the involvement of a parent or guardian and should not submit any Personal Information to us.
3. Use and Disclosure of your Personal Information
● to improve our understanding of your interests, concerns and preferences;
● to provide you with further information about our new products, events, changes to our website, service updates, special offers and promotions, including by way of Newsletter;
● to record statistical data for marketing analysis;
● to communicate with you about your purchase, account information, or customer service needs; and/or
● to respond to your customer service enquiries and complaints or provide you with a service that you have requested.
We may contact you at the email address or any other contact methods which you provide to us for the purposes listed above.
3.2 SEPHORA may also disclose or use your Personal Information where we believe it necessary to implement our terms of service or the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary in relation to law enforcement activities, a permitted general or health situation exists or it is otherwise required by law.
4. Sharing and Disclosure of Personal Information
4.1 For the purposes mentioned above and for reporting purposes, your Personal Information may be shared with:
● service providers, suppliers and other third parties or non-SEPHORA group companies in order to operate the website or deliver a service either in New Zealand or overseas, including the countries listed in Appendix A;
● our legally affiliated entities; and
● related parties, if SEPHORA is merged, or in the event of a transfer of our assets, Site or operations in connection with such transactions.
4.2 We will provide our preferred service providers with the information they need to perform their services and work with them to respect and protect your Personal Information. We require our service providers to adhere to strict privacy guidelines and not to keep this information or use it for unauthorised purposes.
4.5 You acknowledge that if an overseas recipient handles the information in breach of the New Zealand Privacy Principles, to the extent permitted by law, SEPHORA will not be accountable under the Privacy Act 1993 ("the Privacy Act") and you may not be able to seek redress under the this Act or in the jurisdiction where the overseas recipient is located.
4.6 You acknowledge and consent to SEPHORA sharing anonymised information in the following circumstances, in addition to those identified above:
● Aggregate information. We may share anonymised aggregate information about our customers with advertisers and marketing partners;
● Behavioural-based advertising. A third party may use technology to collect anonymised information about your use of Site so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interest. That advertising may appear either when you are using the Site, or using the Internet or your mobile device to visit other websites.
5. Marketing Opt-out
5.1 With your prior consent, we may contact you from time to time for marketing and promotional purposes by email, mail or phone. Subject to your rights to opt out from receiving such contact, your consent is provided on an ongoing basis. If you would rather not receive any promotional or marketing correspondence from us, you can opt-out at any time by letting us know and we will not contact you further for these purposes. If you wish to opt out of receiving Newsletters or any electronic marketing and promotional messages, simply follow the unsubscribe instructions on the message that you have received. Otherwise, you can opt out by contacting the Privacy Officer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org . Unsubscribe requests originating from electronic messages will be honoured within five (5) working days. We will deal with all other requests as soon as reasonably possible.
5.2 Subject to Clause 6, your election not to receive promotional and marketing correspondence from us will not preclude us from:
a) corresponding with you by email or otherwise, regarding your existing or past relationship with us;
b) accessing and viewing your Personal Information in the course of maintaining and improving our database and the Site; or
6. Accessing, Modifying or Deleting Your Personal Information
6.1 If at any time you wish to access or modify your Personal Information in our database, or update Personal Information that is inaccurate or out of date you may so by, sending your request via email to email@example.com. We will make reasonable efforts to service your request in a timely manner. If you wish to have your Personal Information deleted, please let us know in the same manner as referred to above and we will take reasonable steps to delete it unless we need to keep it for legal reasons.
6.2 Unless otherwise required by law, we will not give you access to your Personal Information if the information relates to your legal proceedings with us, or we reasonably believe that giving access would pose a serious threat to safety, be prejudicial to your negotiations with us, unreasonably impact on the privacy of others, or where providing access would otherwise be unlawful.
7. Protecting Your Personal Information
7.1 We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to ensure your Personal Information is kept confidential and secure, and to take appropriate technical and organizational measures to prevent unlawful or accidental destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized disclosure or access or other unlawful forms of processing are implemented. For users of the Site, however, please note that due to the open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that any of your Personal Information stored in our servers, or transmitted to or from a user, will be free from unauthorized access, and to the extent permitted by law, we cannot be responsible for any theft or loss of, unauthorized access or damage to, or interception of any data or communications. By using the Site, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks. We will not rent, trade, distribute or sell any Personal Information that you give us to any third party unless we receive your prior consent.
8.1 For users of the Site, please note that SEPHORA may deposit “cookies” in your computer in order to identify you. Cookies are small data text files that are sent from a server computer during a browsing session. Cookies are typically stored on the computer’s hard drive and are used by web-sites to simulate a continuous connection to the site. Security measures have been employed to prevent unauthorized access to visitor data. However, visitors acknowledge that SEPHORA does not control the transfer of data over telecommunication facilities including the Internet. Therefore, SEPHORA will not be responsible for any breach of security or the unauthorized disclosure or use of any such data on the Internet. Not all cookies collect personal data and you may configure your browser to reject cookies. This may mean you may not be able to take full advantage of the services on the website.
9. Registration Information
9.1 Our Site contains areas where you can submit information to us (such as our registration service), and we also have features (such as cookies and performance tracking technology) that automatically collect information from the visitors to our Site. During the registration process, you must provide us with a password, your name, address and a valid email address. It is your responsibility to keep your password strictly confidential.
11. Problems, queries or complaints
11.2 You may also contact us at the details above if you have a complaint about how we have handled your information. We will investigate your complaint and will use reasonable endeavours to respond to you in writing as soon as possible. If we fail to respond to your complaint within a reasonable time or if you are dissatisfied with the response that you receive from us, you may have the right to make a complaint to the Office of the Information Commissioner.
COUNTRIES IN WHICH OVERSEAS RECIPIENTS ARE LIKELY TO BE LOCATED
Aruba; Australia; Austria; Bahrain; Barbados; Belgium; Bermuda; Brazil; Canada; Chile; China; Colombia; Czech Republic; Denmark; Dominican Republic; Finland; France; Germany; Greece; Guam; Hong Kong; Hungary; India; Indonesia; Ireland; Israel; Italy; Japan; Kazakhstan; Kuwait; Lebanon; Luxembourg; Macau; Malaysia; Mexico; Mongolia; Morocco; Netherlands; New Zealand; Norway; Panama; Philippines; Poland; Portugal; Qatar; Romania; Russian Federation; Saipan; Saudi Arabia; Singapore; South Africa; South Korea; Spain; Sweden; Switzerland; Taiwan; Thailand; Turkey; Ukraine; United Arab Emirates; United Kingdom; Uruguay; United States of America; Vietnam.